Annual Social Gathering (2018-19)
Sevasadan English Medium School
Annual Report of Secondary Section presented by Secondary Supervisor
Good Evening Everyone,
I Jyoti Rokde, supervisor secondary section have a great pleasure in presenting to you the annual report for the academic year 2018-19. This year had been a very eventful one for us. Apart from preparing the children to qualify for purely academic demands, special efforts are being made continuously to enable them to face the challenges of the competitive world. It is a matter of great importance to us that the students who pass out from our school should carry forward the value they have inherited, excel in whatever they do and be role models in the society.
In the present demanding times, when the task of grooming the students has become all the more challenging, education has to be holistic enough to nurture the inherent talents and tap the potential of the students through co-scholastic activities. Keeping in mind, students from Std 5th to 10th participated in the school democratic process by voting for and electing the Head Prefects of the School. They cast their votes to elect Saloni Tapasvi as their Head Girl and Saahil Dole as their Head Boy. The head prefects and the captains for various houses have been successfully shouldering their responsibilities.
Intra school competitions were held in Diwali Festival to bring out the best in the children. Our students also proved their mettle by participating in various competitions like drawing competitions organised by Rangotsav, Faber Castel and Camlin. The children’s talent shone in events such as English Marathon, Cyber Genius and Geeta Pathan conducted by Chinmaya Mission.
The school conducted it’s yearly in-house activities like the Annual Sports Day and Prize Distribution ceremony.
Some of the other activities conducted by the school were-periods devoted to silent reading to promote the Reading Skill, talks on cleanliness and recitation of the cleanliness oath as a part of the Swaccha Bharat Abhiyan. Children were shown documentaries on the various topics, which we hope to continue as an activity in the coming years.
Vidyavrat ceremony was organised for STD-VIII. Various lectures on personality development were organised for the students and they were taught the value of tolerance, understanding, fearlessness, social sensitivity and the ability to resolve problems among themselves.
Guru Poornima was celebrated and the Investitures ceremony was conducted to induct its new team of captains, prefects and Head-Boy and Head-Girl.
Elementary and Intermediate are mandatory for Std 8th and 9th. 6 students secured ‘A’ grade in the Elementary exam and 31 students secured ‘B’ grade.
13 students secured ‘A’ grade in Intermediate exam and 23 secured ‘B’ grade.
This year students were taken to Hidden Oasis for educational trip. This enhanced their knowledge in organic farming, Bio Gas plant, Drip Sprinkler irrigation system, Wind Energy, Rainwater Harvesting & Vermicompost. They had a wonderful time there.
Rangotsav national level art competition for colouring and handwriting was held.
1) Shubhra Nikam from Std. 6th B received 1st prize for colouring and handwriting.
2) Maitreya Ganu and Aneesh Bapat received merit award .
3) Ekta Patil and Neha Marathe received merit award for handwriting.
Faber Castel Interschool Drawing Competition was held by NDTV.
Topic was ‘Unity In Diversity’.
1) Manas Mhaiskar from Std. 6th A received 1st prize.
2) Tarita Phansalkar from Std. 6th B received 2nd prize.
3) Rucha Natu from Std. 8th A received 3rd prize.
In Camlin Drawing Competition the best entries were-
1) Saavi Dhavale from Std. 5th A.
2) Shubhra Nikam from Std. 6th B.
3) Aditya Krishnaswamy from Std. 7th A.
4) Mrunmayee Ambulkar from Std. 8th A.
5) Aarohi Pendse from Std. 8th A.
Mathematics and Science Scholarship Examination for the year 2017-18 was conducted by Wisdom Educational Foundation.
List of Meritorious students are as follows-
- Aarohi Pendse from Std. 7th for Maths.
- Saee Ghule from Std. 7th for Science.
- Rucha Sarlashkar from Std. 8th for Maths.
Muktangan Science Centre had organised Interschool Science Project Competition.Our school received 1st prize in this competition.
Rama Dole and Ira Ketkar received a trophy and certificate in the Junior category.
In state level English Marathon Competition Salil Bokil from Std 5th and Gayatri Bhide from Std 8th received 2nd rank.
In 20th National Cyber Olympiad Shubhra Nikam from Std 5th and Navanshi Parekh from Std 6th received 1st rank.
In 20th National English Olympiad
1) Tarita Phansalkar from Std 5th received 1st rank.
2) Avanti Deshpande from Std 5th received 2nd rank.
3) Saisha Rampure from Std 5th received 3rd rank.
4) Nandini Marathe from Std 6th received 1st rank.
5) Aditya Krishnaswamy from Std 6th received 2nd rank.
6) Shravni Garde from Std 7th received 1st rank.
In 20th national Science Olympiad
1) Awanti Phadke from std 5th received 1st rank.
2) Shubhra Nikam from Std 5th received 2nd rank.
3) Sejal Khandelwal from Std 5th received 3rd rank.
4) Nandini Marathe from Std 6th received 1st rank.
5) Mohit Palhade from std 6th received 2nd rank.
6) Ajinkya Patil from Std 6th received 3rd rank.
7) Ishanvi Godbole from Std 7th received 1st rank.
8) Shruti Natu from Std 7th received 2nd rank.
9) Janhavi Saraf from Std 7th received 3rd rank.
10) Mihika Katdare from Std 8th received 1st rank.
In 20th National Maths Olympiad
1) Arya Dagade from Std 5th received 1st rank.
2) Ojas Mane from Std 5th received 2nd rank.
3) Sameehan Mehendale from Std 5th received 3rd rank.
4) Kaivalya Katdare from Std 6th received Medal of Distinction.
5) Ekta Patil from Std 6th received 2nd rank.
6) Aditya Krishnaswamy from Std 6th received 3rd rank.
7) Navanshi Parekh from Std 6th received 4th rank.
8) Janhavi Saraf from Std 7th received 1st rank.
9) Aryamaan Kavi from Std 7th received 2nd rank.
10) Shravni Garde from Std 7th received 3rd rank.
11) Mihika Katdare from Std 8th received 1st rank.
MTS Examination April 2018 for std VIII, IX & X.
23 students appeared out of which we got 1 state rank & 4 district scholarship, 2 special prize and 6 consolation prize.
1) Ananya Ranade from Std 8th received 1st rank in District Scholarship.
2) Mihika Katdare from Std 8th received 3rd rank in District Scholarship.
3) Saahil Dole and Aneesh Joshi from Std 8th received special prize.
4) Apurva Gokhale from Std 8th received consolation prize.
5) Pranav Joshi, Swarang Joshi, Abhishek Mandlik and Eshan Mehendale from Std 9th received consolation prize.
6) Chinmay Pimpalkhare from Std 10th received 1st rank in State scholarship.
7) Rugved Dharmadikari and Ameya Kolhatkar from Std 10th received 1st rank in District Scholarship.
8) Tanmay Deshpande from std 10th received 8th rank in District Scholarship.
9) Archis Kulkarni from Std 10th received consolation prize.
For Dr. Homi Bhabha Balvaidyanik competition held in 2017-18
9 students from Std 6th and 2 students from Std 9th were selected for practical.
Swarang Joshi from Std 9th A received silver medal for his project Agro-Tourism.
In National Talent Search Exam 2018 Chinmay Pimpalkhare received National Level Scholarship .He was selected at National Level among the top 1000 students.
Sanskrit Bhasha Scholarship Exam for std VII was conducted in January 2018.
I feel proud to announce that Sevasadan students have secured all first 3 positions in MAHARASHTRA.
1) Riya Pimputkar stood First
2) Shravani Garde stood Second
3) Mira Vadjikar stood Third
18 Students from our school received consolation prize.
Lions club pune had organised Interschool Drama competition. Our school presented Drama PLANCHEAT and got the SECOND PRIZE . Adishree Deshmukh from Std. VIIIA received first prize in Individual Acting in girls category.
Play is an important release for built up energy & stress. Games & exercise freshens the mind & this leads to better creativity and higher productivity. Such habits must be incorporated into the child's daily schedule from his childhood days. The result will be a happier & a healthier child. Our school has always encouraged children to take initiative in sports. The sports program helps us in identifying talents in particular sports and gave more exposure to the students. Some of our achievements are-
Arjun Sathe secured 1st place in 50m breast stroke and 3rd place in 50m freestyle swimming competition organised by Pune district amateur aquatic association.
He also secured 1st place in 50m breast stroke, 3rd place in 100m breast stroke and 3rd place in 50m freestyle in state level swimming competition organised by Saint Ann’s high school.
Not only has he got the above achievements but also secured 2nd place in 50m freestyle and 2nd place in 50m breast stroke swimming competition organised by CBSE sports national level competition.
Once again Arjun Sathe secured 1st place in 50m breast stroke and 2nd place in 200m Individual Medley swimming competition organised by sakal schoolympics .
Mayuri Thombre, Bilwa gadgil, Aditi Gadgil, Maithlee Gogate, secured 3rd rank in table tennis competition organised by Zilla Parishad.
Riya Bhalerao secured 2nd place in badminton competition organised by district badminton tournament held in solaris.
Rudra Ingle secured 3rd place in 100m backstroke competition organised by CBSE sports.
Rudra Ingle again secured 1st place in 50m backstroke and 1st place in 100m backstroke competition organised by sakal schoolympics.
Manasi Tagade secured 1st place in 50m breast stroke competition organised by Tata power swimming championship.
Srinidhi Anasingaraju secured 3rd place in gymnastics organised by Zilla Parishad Zonal competition.
Anandi Bidnurkar secured 2nd place in yoga competition organised by Mind and Body Yoga Institutes Pune.
Reva Kulkarni secured 1st place in rope malkhamb organised by national level team championship.
Heramb Agashe secured 2nd place in gymnastics organised by sakal schoolympics.
Mayuri Thombre secured 1st place in table tennis competition organised by sakal schoolympics.
Marching Troop(std 6th and 7th) was awarded gold medal in marching competition organised by Poona Girls Athletic Association.
Kanaka Mulay was selected as the utkrushta sanghanayak(best parade commander) in the marching competition organised by Poona Girls Athletic Association.
Last but not the least our 10th standard students made us proud by securing 100% result!!
Vaishnavi Puntambekar topped the school with 97.80%.
Archis Kulkarni secured 2nd rank in the school by securing 96.40%
Subject Wise toppers are as follows
In English Saee Gokhale, Sanika Limaye, Ananya Limaye, Vaishnavi Puntambekar have all secured 90/100
In Marathi Ishwari Ganbote, Chinmay Pimpalkhare, Sanika Limaye, Shloka Hardikar, Vaishnavi Puntambekar have all secured 93/100
In Hindi Sanika Limaye, Archis Kulkarni, Shivangi Kekkar, Parth Velankar, Ishwari Ganbote all secured 47/50.
In Sanskrit Om Godbole, Rugved Dharmadhikari secured 50/50.
In German Yash Date secured 48/50.
In Maths Chinmay Pimpalkhare, Vaishnavi Puntambekar, Anandita Onkar, Ananya Limaye have all secured 99/100.
In Science Shravani Dagade secured 99/100.
In Social studies Eira Nirantar, Ninad Bhave, Anandita Onkar, Sarvesh Datar, Ananya Limaye, Chinmay Pimpalkhare, Vaishnavi Puntambekar, Tanmay deshpande have all secured 88/100.
With that we come to the end of our School Report.
I would like to thank our members of the committee for their support.
I would also like to thank all the parents for their help throughout the year
I hope you enjoy the cultural programme presented by our students and your evening with us is a pleasurable one.